Thursday 24 March 2016

The Bomber

This versatile piece is the perfect way to update your wardrobe for Spring. You won't have any difficulty finding the right one for you as they are absolutely everywhere this season. Whether it's embroidered, metallic or floral, the bomber comes in a range of colours, textures and designs. So, I decided to scavenge the internet to find my top picks from a few high-street stores.

Topshop

Topshop have a good selection of bomber jackets this season. They are mostly metallic with striped sleeves and embroidered front and back details, very Ryan Gosling in Drive.



After fashionista Olivia Polemero was spotted in this Japanese inspired jacket at London fashion week, it has been pretty much out of stock ever since. It's quite expensive for Topshop, but, bear in mind it is reversible so you're really getting two jackets for the price of one. From all the high-street collections I have to say this is hands down my favourite. It's daring, the embroidery is beautifully detailed and the colours go really well together. Chapeau Topshop.



Another that caught my eye, again from Topshop, is this sports luxe style bomber. I feel this is a little more casual than the previous and, therefore, more of a wearable, everyday option. It's also a little easier on the bank balance. This will look great paired with something simple like jeans and a plain t-shirt for lazy spring days.

ASOS

I have to admit ASOS didn't have as good a selection as other high-street stores and I feel like they kind of dropped the ball with most of their bomber jackets this season. Nevertheless, here are a few that I was particularly drawn to.

Image 3 - ASOS - Blouson aviateur en satin à côtes contrastantes

I like the colour and texture of this jacket and, again, it's very wearable. It's a metallic silver shade which will go with most outfits. It's simple, but, still ties in with this season's futuristic trend.

Image 2 - Denim & Supply By Ralph Lauren - Blouson aviateur à fleurs

If you're looking for a bit more colour, opt for this Ralph Lauren number. I think if you're wearing this, team it with more muted colours like black, white or grey so that the jacket stands out and doesn't clash with the rest of your outfit. It's a bright, stand-out piece in itself that doesn't need dressing up.

Zara

I love the bomber jackets Zara have brought out this season. They are either quite casual and low-key or have very pretty floral patterns which are perfect for Spring.

Image 2 de BLOUSON BOMBER BRODÉ FLEURS de Zara

This piece is modern and on trend this season yet still retains that classic Zara sophistication. As a huge lover of black, I think this would be ideal if, like me, you want to add some interesting pieces to your wardrobe so you don't look like you're off to a funeral everyday. For me, the soft floral design on the front and back adds a subtle brightness to my outfit without straying too far from my black uniform.

Image 2 de BLOUSON BOMBER IMPRIMÉ FLEURS de Zara

This jacket comes as part of a two piece set. I love how the pretty floral pattern contrasts with the sports luxe texture and striped sleeves. A nice, light jacket to throw on when it get's a little chilly.

Mango

Lastly Mango, my favourite high-street shop for new fashion trends at a decent price, have a decent selection of bomber jackets out at the moment.

Blouson à empiècements | MANGO

I really like the simplicity of this piece. Again it's a sports luxe, causal style with striped sleeves and jersey fabric. I particularly love the black against the soft pink which makes this jacket a great transitional piece going into Spring. Au revoir Winter!

No comments:

Post a Comment