Monday 14 March 2016

Face Primers


Glow

Soap & Glory Hocus Focus






This primer from Soap & Glory is a little multi-tasking gem. Wear under foundation as an illuminating primer, mix a drop with your foundation for a subtle glow or use as a spot highlighter on cheek bones, cupids bow and bridge of the nose to add light to certain areas of the face. It has a pearl finish that blends so seamlessly to suit all skin tones. Gives a beautiful yet subtle glow, suitable for day or night. Perfect for lacklustre, tired skin. For more oomph try the Nars Copacabana liquid illuminator. 

Hydrate

Rimmel Lasting Finish Primer




I put this primer under the hydrating category, however, it is really a good all-rounder. I first discovered this when my skin was really dehydrated and it worked a trick. It leaves skin slightly tacky so make up adheres better and doesn't budge. On first squeeze it looks like quite a heavy consistency, but, fear not, it sinks in quickly and feels very comfortable on the skin.

Mattify

L'Oreal infallible




This primer is one for oily/combination skin types looking to mattify their skin and extend make up wear. Coming out of Winter my combination skin definitely needed something to combat make up breaking up on my t zone. To be honest, I was actually looking to avoid a silicone based primer. Although I don't particularly enjoy the slippy consistency, I can't deny how effective it is. It preps skin for smoother make up application that stays put for longer.

Bronze

Bourjois Bronzing Primer





This is one of my favourite make up products that, in my opinion, is rather underrated in the beauty blogging world. Again, it's a bit of a multi-tasker. I love using this as an all over base on days when I need to deepen my foundation shade rather than having to purchase another bottle. It can also be used to contour and bronze below or on top of make up. Plus, it smells so good I could happily live in this little pot.

2 comments:

  1. I was going to try the L'Oreal Infallible Primer but my skin is less on the oily side and leans more towards being dry! I'll probably give the Rimmel primer a try instead as it's hydrating! Fab post x

    Lots of love, Maia
    www.maiacreed.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Rimmel primer is definitely a good bet if you're more dry. So affordable too! Thanks for the comment x

      Delete