Tuesday 15 March 2016

Feelunique Beauty Haul


With Summer just around the corner, I decided it was time to bring in the big guns and make an order on feelunique - my favourite online beauty store. This haul features an oldie but a goodie as well as some skincare and make up essentials for warmer weather.

Sun Protection

For some time now I have been on the hunt for a day cream with a decent sunscreen factor that also doesn't leave my skin like a grease ball (I am so low maintenance, I know). I stumbled upon this one from Avène, a brand I already really admire. Their hydrating cream with SPF 20 is available in light for those of us who fall into the oil/combination category and rich for dryer skins. I have been using this for a week now and I am a huge fan. It has a beautiful, light texture that sinks in quickly, moisturises enough (for me anyhow) and leaves a matte/demi-matte finish. I feel now I've killed two birds with one stone so I can rest assured my skin is moisturised and protected from the sun everyday. In hot climates, however, when I know my skin will be exposed to the sun more, I will bump up the SPF and go for something like the Avène Very High Protection Cream SPF 50. Nonetheless, I'm pretty chuffed with this new discovery.

Lashes

I purchased Maybelline Lash Sensational a while ago and haven't been reaching for anything else since. I love how it gives tonnes of volume without clumping your lashes together. I buy the waterproof version because my lashes get easily weighed down by regular mascaras and end up falling flat. This definitely holds a curl really well, plus, I don't have to worry about any smudging. Like most mascaras currently on the market, however, it's certainly not without pitfalls. I find it dries out quite quickly which is rather frustrating, but, I guess that's just because it's waterproof and to be expected. I'll just have to let that one slide.

Flush

If you read my fresh Spring make up look you will know I am having a bit of a love affair with cream blushes. This watercolour blush in Cherub by Daniel Sandler is the perfect blush for a natural, healthy-looking flush of colour for that just-back-from-a-brisk-morning-walk look. Although the liquid formula looks intimidating, it is really easy and quick to use. Simply shake the dinky little bottle, pour about two drops onto the back of your hand then use a brush (I use the real techniques stippling brush) or even your fingers to dab it onto the cheeks. Et voilà! You've got pretty pink cheeks that will stay put all day. I'm now itching to try the other colours in the range.

Self-tan

Lastly, we have a safe and reliable way to bronze up your skin - the ever-evolving self-tanning cream. Caudalie is such a great brand for high quality skincare for all skin types, but, unlike it's French pharmacy counterparts, it has a sense of luxury about it. I really like the Clarins Liquid Bronze for the face, however, even on my pale skin I feel it is a bit too gradual. When I put a self tanner on my face I want to wake up and look like my head has been to the Bahamas for a week. It's worth noting that my skin is extremely sensitive especially to false tanners and I have endured some traumatic mornings, waking up and looking like the elephant man after taking an allergic reaction to a fake tanning product. Thankfully, when I used Caudalie Soleil Divine I had no such reaction and woke up with a natural and evenly bronzed complexion. It made my skin look so much better that the next day I even skipped foundation (gasp!) and just used concealer (I'm only human). I have to admit there is the dreaded self tan biscuity smell but I personally don't see the issue because it doesn't hang around for long and I'm asleep while it develops.

Before you go

 Avène is currently on offer at Boots and feelunique ships worldwide. Now I'm done.

5 comments:

  1. I love the Maybelline Lash Sensational waterproof mascara, yet I do find that it dries quite quickly as well, it is also quite hard to remove!

    http://fannyanddailybeauty.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I completely agree, it is tough to take off. Might try the non-waterproof version and see if it holds a curl too.

      Delete
  2. The blush looks interesting! I love the minimalistic packaging too!

    poppyrkay.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's so so nice! It's very easy to apply and blends really well. Would definitely recommend. x

      Delete
  3. I haven't done a FeelUnique order in aaaages! I love the regular Lash Sensational mascara, so I'll have to pick up the waterproof version ready for summer!

    Alice / Alice Grace Beauty

    x

    ReplyDelete