Tuesday 22 March 2016

Maybelline Color Tattoo


I really do love a good cream eye shadow. They are quick and easy to work with, are (usually) long wearing, and can be worn alone or as a base to enhance shadows. So, when a great affordable option is put on the market, I'm the first to get my paws on them. Maybelline color tattoos are available in a variety of shades including mattes and shimmers. I love these because they are cheap and just as good as high end alternatives. They are best applied with fingers to warm up the product and make it easier to work with. They give you just enough blending time before they set, after which they won't budge. These little pots will actually last you a hell of a long time as well. Anyway, enough gushing, here are a few of my favourite shades from the range.


My most loved/dented pot is the shade Creme De Rose. It's a creamy matte shade and, as the name would suggest, is a pink based nude that is the perfect everyday eyelid colour either as a base or on it's own. I'm very fair so this is a great shade for my skin tone which gives my eye a subtle and natural definition. Creme De Rose is an amazing dupe for the MAC Pro long Wear Paint Pot in Painterly which I used for years and since switching to the Maybelline I haven't been disappointed. There is a yellow based shade in the range which looks like a good match for the MAC Paint Pot in Soft Ochre. 


The most recent addition to my collection, and probably the most versatile, is Creamy Beige (another shade from the creamy matte line which was added to the range fairly recently). I pop this on when I want a slightly more defined and dramatic eye that is still wearable for daytime. Worn alone it really warms up my eye but not in an overpowering way. For a much more dramatic look I apply this shadow as a base for a matte brown smoky eye. It deepens any powder shadows I put on top and helps them to stay in place.


Metallic Pomegranate is a rich berry shade that I usually find myself reaching for in the Winter. Although it might seem a bit intimidating at first, once blended it's a very wearable and flattering shade. I would say this colour is much more appropriate for an evening look. It looks great paired simply with some black liner and tonnes of black mascara.


A much raved about product, the Color Tattoo in On and On Bronze really does live up to the hype. It's a gorgeous warm bronze shade that is universally flattering. That said, this colour will especially make blue or green eyes pop. I particularly love this cream shadow for doing a bronzed smoky eye. I take it all over the lid, buff it out, then take some down onto my bottom lash line for a more dramatic eye. It's really quick and easy to achieve an evening look with just this one product.

No comments:

Post a Comment