Monday 16 May 2016

French Pharmacy Part 1

Nuxe

Nuxe is one of the undisputed greats of French pharmacy brands. Their products have a luxurious quality with the reassurance of being packed full of wonderfully effective ingredients.


My first pick will be no surprise to any skincare-fanatic, Huile Prodigieuse by Nuxe is a multi-purpose dry oil that can be used on face, body and hair. First and foremost, it smells absolutely incredible. I love using this right after the shower as it instantly hydrates and nourishes but leaves no nasty oily residue. I then run what is left on my hands through the mid-lengths and ends of my hair, wet or dry. Skin feels nourished, hair feels softer and sits better, plus the subtle sweet smell will linger throughout the day. I also like to use it before bed if I feel my skin needs an extra dose of hydration. I dab this on my palms (a little goes a long way) then press gently onto my face. By morning your skin will have drank up all this oily goodness and your face will be left healthy and happy. A great product to pack for your summer holiday!


Another cult favourite in the beauty sphere, Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm is another classic. I particularly like this because, yes it is very moisturising, but it has a matte finish! It's surprisingly rare to find a really good lip balm that doesn't leave a sticky texture on the lips. I find this looks really natural and means you can apply other lip products easily on top. It's perfect if you often use matte lipsticks but you don't have the time for a regular lip balm to sink it. This will do the trick in seconds. My only qualm, and it is a small one, is that it can be difficult to get the balm out of the little pot without getting it lodged in your finger nails. However, I can't complain when there is a handy stick version available. Problem solved I guess.


Given my love for the Reve de Miel range from Nuxe I decided to give their cleanser a whirl. It is everything I expected it to be, thick, sweet and nourishing. It is the perfect second step cleanse, not quite enough to remove the bulk of your make-up but lovely and nourishing on your skin once most your make up has been removed. It's therefore perfect used as a morning cleanse. It's very softening and I would imagine it's suitable for all skin types.


A similar cleanser from Nuxe is this melting cleansing gel with rose petals. Like the previous one, I prefer this either as a morning face wash or a second step evening cleanse. It feels very luxurious and nourishing and doesn't leave skin stripped of all its goodness. As a big fan of rose scented products, the main reason I love this cleanser is the smell. I love washing my face with this first thing in the morning and taking a moment to breath in that fresh rose garden scent. Invigorating for the senses but gentle on the skin.


My last pick from Nuxe, is their 24hr moisturising body lotion with almond and orange flower petals. I bought this as part of a duo which included this body lotion as well as the matching body wash. This stuff feels so high-quality and smells so expensive. It's just the right balance of floral and fruity that errs on the sophisticated side and it's too in your face. The lotion is really hydrating and sinks in very fast so you can get dressed right away. The scent really lasts all day too, so much so that you could even go without perfume. What sorcery!

Nuxe is now stocked in Marks & Spencer (Hooray!) and can also be found online at feelunique.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment